• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA to expand bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But as we all sit around and say it's worthless and stupid I don't think the financial benefits will be realized until a much larger number of pilots are domiciled.

Foxjet,
I don't know if you fly for NJA or not, or if you do for how long, but the fact of the matter is this. The company is in denial about saving money with this program. It doesn't matter where you are domiciled, you are going to airline to a jet 80-90% of the time. I used to pick a lot of jets up in SFO and the bay area when that was a gateway, but that place isn't even a domicile.

This idea was hatched by the geniues in the company and as with a lot of their ideas it is flawed and is going to cost them money and is bound to fail. This plan is another one of their great ideas and is bound to fail, no matter how many people they put into this system, they will be losing people out of the system.

I can give you a quick list of some of the ideas from the brain trust in CMH that cost them money then failed if you would like???

I don't understand why people think they can commute to this job. We had one guy in my class that is trying ATL-PBI. Good luck. If you are looking to work at NetJets do yourself a favor and don't apply unless you live in a Domicile or will move to one. The sooner people start doing that the sooner we might get away from this stupid system.

True, but how many newhires are retired. Four or five out of every class. The guys that are coming from the regionals need to understand that you can't commute to this job. Live close enough to your domicile that you can drive to work.

I hope that more and more try and then find something local when it doesn't work. If we can get the first year attrition a bit higher they may change- 8% attrition in Europe was enough for a 33% pay raise over there.

They still have applications coming in. I don't see change anytime soon.

I"m about to leave PBI and make the commute from CLT...Just gonna buy one way tickets the day before and the company will fly you to anywhere on your last day up to the price of the ticket to PBI...Its a financial sacrifice, but very doable...

Not that many people were quiting when the captain pay was below the now FO pay.

Ahhh but we had 24 Gateways. I came to work here NOT for the money but for the QOL, including fly from a Gateway.

Today, I would have much more to consider before accepting employemnt here as a newhire.

Latest resources

Back