• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots quitting at record pace...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go ahead and try that "unofficial Official walkout" and see how fast you lose your job! I will not support it unless it is legal. Remember the AA sick out. ASA mgt would sue and our union would have to pay.

Go ahead and try that "unofficial Official walkout" and see how fast you lose your job! I will not support it unless it is legal. Remember the AA sick out. ASA mgt would sue and our union would have to pay.

Can't Sue if it ain't authorized by the UNION. How can they control the pilot group? Are they going to hold your hand? Do what YOU have to do and we will do what NEEDS to be DONE!!!!

I think alot of is pure greed and power. And if anyone who looks at this companies past knows we will not take it from management, WE WILL NOT START NOW!!! --- I hope you heard this JA/BL!

You are correct in that is is pure greed and power. But not from anyone in ALPA, it is greed and power from management. We are the most profitable regional airline in the business. We have one of the best pilot groups in the industry. I don't think that it is too much for the pilots to ask management to compensate us fairly for the contribution that we make to their bottom line.

Skywest is flying through Atlanta. ASA flies through Salt Lake. ASA is not going away. ASA's management may be going away. It's time for some more turnover at the aluminium palace. Fuel costs are coming down--rapidly. In regard to regional routes and markets shrinking, you must not be keeping up with the trends--it ain't happening, just the opposite! Large Turbo Props will make a comeback--in the 400 mile or less markets.

Explain why when mainlines gain ground against the LCC's that regional market and routes will shrink? Actually, the regionals are a mainline tactic against the LCC's. Regionals will not go away. They provide convenience and flexibility in gaining market share.

Greetings..I was also told by the front desk staff at the Red Lion in SLC when I was there last that we will be adding 10 more rooms a night in Jan. So our flying is obviously growing in SLC. What a waste of money on hotel rooms when they could have just left the base open.

Take care

Can't Sue if it ain't authorized by the UNION. How can they control the pilot group? Are they going to hold your hand? Do what YOU have to do and we will do what NEEDS to be DONE!!!!

Tomct is right the union is untouchable. I feel a nasty cold coming on due to poor workings conditions, spread the word November 19, 2006 - That is a Sunday for those of you who are not sure what day it is. Also the most heavily travelled day in the US. Take cover !!!!

You are correct in that is is pure greed and power. But not from anyone in ALPA, it is greed and power from management. We are the most profitable regional airline in the business. We have one of the best pilot groups in the industry. I don't think that it is too much for the pilots to ask management to compensate us fairly for the contribution that we make to their bottom line.

I agree with you 100%. Management is like a broken record or a used car salesman to me. They are broken beyond repair and need to be thrown out. And the product they are selling (complete BS) needs rammed where the sun does not shine.

November 19,2006 Sunday is the day.

Won't happen. Guaranteed puss-out.

It won't happen because it's a stupid idea. Even dumber is discussing it on a public forum. Just because ALPA isn't organizing it doesn't make it illegal. If you are going to be sick on that day, it would be in your best interest to have an ironclad "doctor's note".

I'm one of the biggest ALPA supporters at ASA, and I'll be the first to say this is a bad idea.

Latest resources

Back