FlightInfo.com Board Rules and Guidelines
Welcome! Registration to this forum is currently $10 for all new members! This is a LIFETIME membership! This membership change is to ensure we can continue to bring you the finest in Aviation discussion and information available on the web. IN ORDER TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT, YOU MUST REGISTER USING THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOUR PAYPAL PAYMENT WAS RECIEVED FROM!
We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. Although the administrators and moderators will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author and not the owners of Flightinfo.com, the author will be held responsible for the content of any message By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws. The owners of Flightinfo.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. Flightinfo.com also reserves the right to remove any membership for any reason without a refund.
The overall purpose of the FlightInfo forums is to exchange information, opinions and general thoughts about all aspects of aviation, as well as on selected topics outside of aviation but of interest to aviators.
Generally, there are few restrictions to the concept of free speech where it comes to posting on this board; history confirms that most sentiments posted on the forums fall well within the guidelines listed below. However, Moderators will not tolerate certain actions, statements, or icons that fall outside acceptable limits. Remember that this message board is not a democracy. It is our goal to maintain a forum that will allow all members full participation but within normal limits of civility.
The Webmaster and Moderators have sole discretion as to the determination of propriety and content of all posts entered onto the board. Consider them the Supreme Court of FlightInfo.com—they may be old, ugly and seemingly arbitrary, but they are benevolent rulers of the ethernet and can and will take action as required to maintain a civil content and appearance.
The areas outlined below contain expected behavior by all participants. Failure to comply with these may result in editing, warnings and/or banishment from the forum:
- If you have a thin skin, don’t post. If you do, remember that there are many diverse opinions on this board and you may well encounter a scathing attack on yours. Don’t take it too personally. Logic and a civil tone seems to work best when debating a subject, and it helps you gain respect during the course of your participation on the forums.
- Please keep user names safe for general audiences. Racist or otherwise offensive names will be deleted.
- Posts on all subjects are encouraged, but only in the appropriate forum. All non-aviation posts should be placed in the “Non-Aviation Related Chat” or “YGBSM” forums as necessary.
- Language: use of curse words or otherwise foul language will not be tolerated. Misspelling of foul language, intentional or not, to avoid the automatic censor is prohibited. Think of George Carlin’s seven forbidden words…they aren’t allowed either. No racist epithets are allowed.
- If you simply must place a curse word in your post, spell it out normally and let the automated system create the “*CENSORED*” message text. That should get the message across. If the system allows the curse word to be displayed, you screwed up and may get censored and/or banned anyway. Use the edit function as required.
- We have many members with children who view these pages; no content, either written or graphic, may be posted that may offend these youngsters or their parents.
- NO SCAB LISTS or links to scab lists may be placed on these forums. Violators will be permanently banned at first offense.
- No personal information about others or members of the forums, except by Webmaster/Moderator exception, may be posted.
- Links to blatant advertisements or pornographic sites are not allowed.
- Disparaging posts are normal; people have different opinions and conflict is inevitable, including seemingly stupid, vile, immature offensive personal attacks and remarks. Calling someone “stupid” is not grounds for censorship, and these posts will not normally be edited. However, posts may not include references to racist, religious, sexual or threatening content.
- Security: Don’t post anything that could reasonably jeopardize aviation security. Prudence is in order.
- Icons and attached graphics may not show nudity or pornographic images. Photos or paintings of scantily clad women (or [gasp] men) may not be acceptable even if barely clothed; remember, keep it clean and just make the pics acceptable (a G-rating) for general consumption. There are kids who see the board on a routine basis; we will not offend our general audience.
- No racist or otherwise offensive icons are allowed. The Webmaster and Moderators have sole discretion as to the definition of “offensive.”
- Again, no links to commercial advertisements or pornographic sites are allowed. The Webmaster and Moderators will define ads or porno at their discretion—they know porno when they see it. Not that they ever look at it, mind you.
- Any links to sites with virus’, spyware or malware will be deleted and the poster banned for life.